Friday

Seongsan Ichubong - Jeju Island

Seongsan Ichubong (城山日出峰), the famous landmark a.k.a sunrise peak in Jeju Island.


There are certain days in a year with certain time to see sunrise at peak of the mountain. 
The sunrise schedules are written down on this stone. 


The mountain used to be an erupting Volcano 5000years ago. But now, it's a "dead" volcano.



 In order to reach the mountain peak, we have to climb for about 500metres. 
It's not easy with the extreme weather in Jeju Island - strong windy and freezing cold. The wind almost blow my head off. 







Breathtaking paranomic scenery at half height of the mountain. 

A broken cliff

The Jeju City


The Volcanic crater of Seongsan Ichubong. 
If I knew that what I will see for climbing so hard and far up here just to see a crater covered with green field. I swear I will never climb this far.... 




No comments: