Friday

Technology Dependency Syndrome

I think I'm suffering from the so-called "Technology Dependency Syndrome (TDS)".

I was so depressed once when both my mobile phone and laptop conked off. I couldn't concentrate in my daily life. I was not paying attention during the lectures, restless, refuced to talk and so-on blah blah blah....

All I was thinking that time was how to fix the problem, what happen, what am i going to do without them, especially when that time I lost my almost completed write-up assignment in the non-functioning laptop! And the stupid harddisk was screw-locked so tight inside that I couldn't even retrieve it! I spent the whole day burying myself in the pile of screws and screw driver, almost wrecked my laptop into pieces already and still couldnot get the things out. I couldnot eat and sleep properly when I can't fix the problem....and then I cried for 2 days until the problem solved.

And then came the problem of internet connectivity. The stupid broadband internet provider -- TELEKOM STREAMYX has got the stupidest customer service hotline operators and technical supports. There were very poor communication between the operators who make the line faulty report and the technical supports who fixed the line. Our line could not connect to the internet for the whole month and nothing was done! ANd all they know was to charge as much as they can! Why the problem is so obviously with the main line itself and yet they keep trying to convince us that the problem is in our house line??!! and the technical support ppl actually knew it was the main line problem and they never inform and report to the centre??!! To fix the problem we have to make so many times of calls, repeating so many times of the same story same process going on and on and again, so frustrating!

And then the life without internet for a month in the house was so miserable. We have to go to the faculty to get access to internet to do assignment.... so inconvenient. And if the problem persisted, we will anytime terminate the line instead.

And THEN, the life with and without mobile phone is still the same problematic. There were so many times, that the mobile in my bag or pocket rang and vibrate but I missed. And there were so many times, as if I was imagining the vibrating sensation and the ringing sound that I took the mobile out only found that it was all nothing??!! And I've read an article on newspaper before, many ppl had the same sign of TDS also, ha.

Having so many hi-tech gadgets around is certainly improving the life quality. But I really don't like to be suffering TDS....

No comments: