Thursday

Goodbye, Ah Bee

Date: 07-03-2007

I can’t believe that I actually had to farewell 3 lovely dogs in less than half a year time. What happen? Life seems to be so fragile these days! Or was I too unlucky?

Again, me and my housemates cum coursemates, arrived at the cremation pound with the cold and hard body of Ah Bee, a Shih Tzu male dog.

Everything happened so suddenly, yesterday we were still so happily living together with the two dogs in the house, playing with them. This morning, with just one unpredictable accident, one precious life was taken away so easily and mercilessly.

No one was to be blamed for the accident. It was Ah Bee’s fate to have lived such short life.

Oh God, what sin had Ah Bee done that You must take him away from us so fast?! He’d probably just started to have a better life since 2 years ago that his owner, our friend, adopted him. He was such an adorable unique dog, and deserves a better life longer!
I hope that it is not a retribution that we, vet, took a lot of lives away.

Whenever this kind of thing happens, I would always wish that time could be returned; I would always hope that things could be changed. However, the reality is that the life of our beloved ones would never be revived.

Thing started this morning when we were just about to leave for school. I wasn’t at the scene when Ah Bee met with the accident. All I saw was a pool of blood clotting on the floor and Ah Bee had already been sent to the UPM Vet Hospital (UVH).

When we arrived at the UVH, the first and worst news that we received was Ah Bee died on the way there.

The moment when I rushed into the room, I saw Ah Bee covered with damn lot of blood mainly all over the head and some on the body, his big eyes stared open. There was no external injury, all the blood was actually vomited out from the mouth due to internal bleeding….there was also blood came out from both ears. My dear, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking what kind of pain and how unendurable it was for Ah Bee to suffer before he died. With shaken hand, I touched on Ah Bee’s face. It was so cold and senseless…..and tears blurred my eyes….Everything happened in less than just 20minutes!!!

We brought the body home for cleaning. Blood clots flowed along with the water stream all over the floor.

With a quick appointment made with the person in charge of the Pet’s Memorial Service, James, we sent Ah Bee for cremation. It was too sudden that we only managed to prepare a simple box for Ah Bee to rest in…..


The last view of AhBee, resting in a box.

Robyn, Ah Bee's mummy, damn sad upon his death.


Ah Bee's ash. Now in our house.