Monday

Lazio Italian Restaurant

Location: Danga Bay, Johor Bahru

It is an Italian Restaurant, located at Danga Bay where the row of international restaurants situated at (side by side with Asiana Restaurant, Kong Inn Seafood Restaurant), with superb view of Danga Bay and waterfront.

Gosh, it was friday night when my bf and me visited it for my Bday celebration, and there were only 2 tables of dining in customers (including us....). Maybe because of the heavy rain "=_=


The appetizer was this thin crusty pizza bread, served with vinegar and olive oil. I'm used to have barguette slices with vinegar +olive oil+butter, this is my 1st time trying pizza bread in Italian Restaurant. Quite nice, very crispy with a tinge of garlic butter.

This cocktail -- Pink Lady, really tasted like a cough syrup made me puke.

The soup of ocean goodness.... this tomato cream soup with seafood can make a good pasta sauce but too thick and salty for a soup...


Our appetizer was Chicken Ham Quiche, I like the soft and beancurb-liked egg with the combination of onion and ham.

Main course 1 - Pan Fried Salmon Steak, served with some sauteed cabbage (tasted awful, I hardly touching it at all), coleslaw, and a butter-stuffed mushroom (I like it but I wonder why are they so stingy to serve only 1 little mushroom??!!which only fit as a bite size), mashed potato under the thick pan fried salmon (I bet there was at least 150gm of it, very generous gigantic portion).

Main course 2 - Braised Lamb Shank served with sauteed mushrooms, mashed potato (again) and onion rings. The lamb was really very very big in portion (fit for 2), at least it really tastes good.

Tiramisu, for dessert, looks good, tastes good. But I'd still expected more from a true Italian Restaurant.

No comments: