Sunday

A cocker lost its way

We were driving on LDP, heading to Kelana Jaya this afternoon, when I saw an old-aged American cocker spaniel running in all directions to avoid cars that were heading its way.

On this forever busy highway, every car actually slowed down to not knocking onto this poor dog. This dog was so scared, it did not know where to run to. It should have an owner, as it was still wearing a collar, however it looked filthy, he might have been lost its way to home for days.

It is definitely not a very clever dog, it did not know how to avoid car. A car had to actually stop completely in front of this dog and the dog would only stare blankly at the car for seconds before it runs away.

Our car could not stop on the highway, we just slowly passed through... I turned my head and followed the dog.....

It was still running for its life randomly on the busy highway as our car getting further and further from it. Until it was too far for me to see the dog, and a big truck came into its way, it was still in the middle of the highway, I really doubt it will survive, neither that minute nor in short future. I really worried for the dog. My heart ached as I lost sight of it at that distance.

Motor vehicle accidents had always been the most common killer of animals. It is really sad that this dog's life story had come to the fullstop after this. It could have been able to live longer if it did not lose its way; it could have still having fun game with its owner..... life is just too unpredictable.

Sometimes I really worry about my own dogs too. They like to run out of the house so excitedly without noticing that cars are coming their way. I think I must be extra careful in the future to prevent any accident.....

No comments: