Saturday

Volunteering@ Global Pets

Date : 18 June - 6 July 2007

Venue: Global Pets - One stop petshop, Kulai, Johor.

As a one-stop petshop, this shop has got a pet clinic, pet grooming salon, hotel and boarding service, selling of pets and everything related to the pets.




They are all my colleagues in the Global Pets Petshop. From Left to Right: Esther (Sales cum groomer), Maggie (sales), Me, Eleven (groomer), Dr. Chua (clinic), Ah Bee (Sales). Xiao Li was having off day, not included in the photo....

As a veterinary student, of course the part of the shop that I volunteered at was the clinis. Although I've been volunteering at Global Pets for only 3 weeks, it's really been a very unforgettable memory. I felt I've finally filled my holiday ever to the fullness, haha.

Dr. Chua Chee Heng, 4 years senior than me, graduated from UPM (where I'm studying for my DVM now) 2 years ago, in charge of the clinic and sometimes the petshop also.

Maggie, Esther, Ah Bee, in charges of the sales of dogs and cats, sales of petfood and miscellanious necessities, cashier, and entertain the customers.



Xiao Li, Eleven and Esther, these 3 groomers can make all dogs and cats look clean and adorable by using their hair-clipper, clamps, scissors and accesories. What type of cut do you want? There are Schnauzer cut, Poodle cut, Botak, 1/2 inch, 1 inch long, and etc. All done according to customer's request.




This golden retriever has got a special name: Ren (human in chinese). Cool. He is cute, active but timid whenever Ah Bee tried to bully him and frighten him with a rubber band, his dead spot.

My last day at the Global Pets has been unusually inordinary sad and unlucky.....

First bad thing is this case:
This 1 was a very cute English Bulldog. Bark like a toad talking. So I called him a Frog Prince. Too bad, he died of anaphylactic shock within 1 hour after this picture was taken. Who the hell can tell he is allergic to amoxicillin???? Sad..... Our resuscitation has failed to save him a life.... then the rest of the day became so grayish.....

Then the next bad thing was that we actually planned to bury this bulldog at an isolated bush nearby a village. But things turned bad! The moment our van rolled into the area, the tyres were stucked in the soft sand ground!!! Unmovable!!! Ignore this first, we carried on with burying the dog then after that only settle our van. However, 2 big guys and me 1 gal without proper equipment were really unable to do anything but try to push the van with bare hands, with our feet digging into the sand everytime we tried to put on some more strength on to the van! To no avail, we gave up and made calls to car workshop.

Finally, we have got some more men to come and help push the van backward, away from the sinking sand. So that's called the last day of mine.....

Hm... not bad, at least I really got a very deep impression of this holiday, of all the colleagues, of this adventure..... I'm sure I cannot forget about them. And I'm kinda starting to miss all the colleagues now.... they are so funny and playful and cute. Working with them has really been so enjoyable.